Friday, May 18, 2012

They JOY of JAKE

 Usually I would sit and write a blog. I would pour my heart into it and try to show you how I feel about a particular situation and I would try to give a child a voice. This blog is different. I am going to let you read JACOB'S words. This is what HE thinks and feels. This is his voice telling his story, so please listen up.


                             http://www.adoptuskids.org/_app/child/viewp.aspx?id=24997


"Dear Family,

My name is Jacob, but I go by Jake. I am 17 years old. My dream is to find a family before I turn 18. Other teenagers might wonder why I would want a mom and dad at this age, or they just complain about their parents, but I think I will get further in life with parents. Teenagers should tough it out and listen to their parents because it’s the right thing to do.

I hope to have a family that will call me and that I could still visit even after I leave home as an adult. I want to spend holidays together. I want parents who will show me what it means to be a family and will help me to know when it is right to have a family of my own one day. I want parents to help me know the right time and right person to marry. I want a model for what a family should be like. I want to learn how to drive, and I love to cook. I want a family to teach me about these things.

I sometimes want to do my own thing, but I remember one of my foster parents who would tell me to do the right things and keep me safe. I hope that a family will do the same for me. I have been through a lot of tough things in my life, and have learned to tough it out.

I am not too old to be adopted. I am just like every one of you who needs the support of parents as I head into the adult world."



Let's spread Jacob's story and make his dream come true.

8 comments:

  1. I wish we could adopt him now. I would want him to know that if he isn't adopted before he's 18, we would be proud to open our home to him, treat him like our son and eventually do an adult adoption. He deserves a family, love and security. I so hope someone gives him that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you would like I will get into contact with his social worker and you and she could possibly talk as well as maybe allowing you to get to know Jake the letters and e-mail and such. If you would like for me to do this please let me know. I would absolutely LOVE to connect the two of you and see some amazing miracles come to fruition.

      Delete
  2. Wow, Chelsea..thanks for sharing his heart. Sometimes we get so wraped up in our own worlds we take our families for granted and forget how many are out there who would LOVE to have one of their own. Praying for Jake.. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome Alysha. Praying for great things to happen for Jake.

      Delete
  3. Chelsea, Oh that makes me cry. we would adopt him. He seems like a wonderful young man. He would probably be a wonderful role model too. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE for you to adopt him Jenny. It would be wonderful for him to have a family and be LOVED.Have you been in touch with his social worker?

      Delete
  4. That is awesome. How did what seems to be such an amazing child fall through the cracks and not get a family before now? I will pray that God brings him a family soon.

    ReplyDelete